Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Another busy season...

I'm not going to lie, I'm starting to feel the stress of another growing season. Things started smooth. I got the onion seeds started in February and the cabbage family seeded shortly after. And then bamm!!!!

Spring came early in March and spring projects were suddenly on my mind, Eric was gone working all month, my work schedule picked up, and the baby inside me keeps me awake at night. I can't do all the spring projects myself and yet Eric is still remodeling our soon-to-be nursery/playroom.  I get stressed when I can't accomplish things (like lifting things that I could've last year). Okay, Moriah, just breathe!

I explained to Eric how I was feeling and he offered the best piece of advice... "Spring came very, very early. We weren't expecting to work in the garden yet. It's okay if we have to put aside a few spring projects because it shouldn't be spring yet." So in the meantime, the garden compost and asparagus roots can wait.

Thankfully we still have our low tunnels and cold frame where little sprouts of radish, spinach, pac choi, lettuce, and soon carrots await. I transplanted a few swiss chard plants because I had a few to spare. I still plan on more cold weather soon, but I'm okay with hoping for the best.

-Moriah

No comments:

Post a Comment