Sunday, June 26, 2011

Weekly CSA Box and Meal Plan #2

Another great week!  Here is what is in our CSA Box and the recipes I plan to use with the box contents and stuff from my own garden. We are going camping and then on a week long vacation, so I might end up freezing some things too.

Box Contents:
Asian Greens
Chives
Sage
Strawberries
Kale
Swiss Chard
Head of Lettuce

Weekly Meal Plan:
Pasta bake with a vegi salad with Sage Dressing
Potato Pancakes with Kale
Grilled Steak, garlic scapes, and swiss chard
Parmesan-Chive Popovers
Vegi Stir Fry
Spinach Omelets

Still looking for a Swiss Chard Recipe.  Any suggestions?  I'm not a fan of swiss chard, so I need something to cover up the "beet" flavor.  Also, my chives are spreading like weeds in my garden.  Any recipe ideas that use a lot chives?

2 comments:

  1. I’m Toni Spilsbury, The Organized Cook™, helping busy moms take “back” the family dinner while saving valuable time and money. What Julia Childs did mid-Century by bringing fabulous French cooking to the housewife, The Organized Cook™, will bring efficiency and organization to the modern-day busy mom. My way of cooking is unique from anything on the market today and answers the question, “what’s for dinner tonight?”, with the question, “what’s for dinner this week?”. My signature recipes create healthy, delicious meals using my unique algorithm that plans and organizes family dinners to reduce waste while saving time at the grocery store and in the kitchen. The Weekly Meal Plans include menus, grocery shopping lists, cooking instructions with time and money saving techniques. My book, The rganized Cook, is due out September 1st. Check out my YouTube Channel at YouTube.com/OrganizedCook for cooking demonstrations and helpful tips for saving time and money while making dinner.



    Toni Spilsbury
    http://www.youtube.com/OrganizedCook

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Happy to find you, Moriah! I am starting a work share and need some recipes, as well. I have enjoyed using sesame oil to make a lot of stir fries. The trick to swiss chard and beet greens, at least for me is RINSING. A bit of dirt is gritty! Sesame oil introduces a nice flavor and then I add a bit of garlic scapes and salt. Chopping extra greens is a good way to use them up, too.
    How about using the chives in a pesto?
    I'll be using some of your ideas for sure!
    Jenny Anderson, IL

    ReplyDelete